Bo Staff - Red Oak 5FT-Tapered
Bo Staffs are the perfect introductory weapon for all ages.
Traditionally used in Japanese Martial Arts, the Bo Staff is used for striking, blocking and sweeping opponents. The Red Oak Bo Staff is manufactured from strong red oak for durability and a natural red colour.
You should choose a staff that is close to your own height, unless you are training a specific style. The thinner or lighter a staff, the easier it will be to handle, and the faster it will maneuver through air. Generally, tapered staffs are used for demos. Straight staffs are used for training, as they are more durable during contact training.
- Material: Red Oak (Straight will be slightly darker in colour. Tapered will be slightly lighter in colour.)
- 3ft: 91cm (L)
- 4ft: 127cm (L)
- 5ft: 153cm (L) x 2.5cm (W)
- 5ft Thick: 153cm (L) x 3cm (W)
- 6ft: 183cm (L) | 750grams
- 6ft Tapered: 183cm (L) x 2-2.5cm to 3cm (end to centre)
- Sold individually - Image of close up and full length for illustration purposes only
Natural Wood Disclaimer: Whilst we do our best to ensure consistency across our wood range, due to the natural processes of the material, please note there many be variations in the colour and grain of the wood.