Carla S. - December 18, 2019
5 Unique Treadmill Exercises That You Have Not Tried Before
hether you want to build muscle or simply lose weight, there’s no way around cardiovascular exercise.
Getting your heart rate up in the first session of your workout is crucial to achieving any fitness goal.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends an individual should get at least two and a half hours of cardio each week.
People today want to stay fit and healthy but are having to cope with busy schedules, long work commutes, and generally fast-paced lives.
The convenience of having a treadmill at home so that you can be flexible about when you work out is a smart move for anyone serious about their fitness goals.
Choosing the perfect treadmill shouldn’t be a problem when you’re clear about factors such as your weight goals, what you’re training for and how much space you have at home.
If you already have a treadmill at home and are simply bored sick of the usual jog, walk and sprint on the treadmill, there are five treadmill work-outs you should try out.
Before we take a look at those, here are a few benefits to remember for working out on a treadmill:
- You can workout anytime regardless of how bad the weather is outside.
- You can plug in your phone and listen to an audiobook, podcast or your favourite music.
- You can track how many calories you’re losing and the distance you’re running.
- You can alter the settings to walk, climb, jog or sprint.
- Treadmills such as the Foldable Pursuit come ready installed with fitness apps that provide training plans and store all your data in one location.
5 Interesting Treadmill Workouts to Try Out
1. Start by warming up to a 45-sec sprint. Please ensure that you take on these exercises at your own speed and tailor around what we have recommended.
Special attention should be taken as these workouts could be dangerous if not done properly.
Ins and Outs Treadmill Squats
2. Squats are one of those exercises that everyone should do every day.
They keep your metabolism high and burn fat really fast.
They’re great for improving overall body posture and toning your butt.
Walking Treadmill Lunges
3. Lunges are best known for developing thigh muscles and strengthening your hips.
The normal workout on a treadmill certainly does not cover these muscles and therefore this is a double win as you get to lose weight while working on your inner and outer thighs.
Backward Treadmill Jog
4. As silly as it may seem, walking or jogging backward has some superb benefits.
Apart from avoiding workout boredom, it provides an enhanced sense of increased body awareness, body coordination and movement in space.
Treadmill Mountain Climbing
5. Mountain climbing works out several muscles simultaneously.
From your neck down to your feet, this workout is known to improve one’s core strength.
It targets your triceps, deltoids, abs, back, hip flexors, quads, hamstrings and butt.
Treadmill Shuffle Squats
his workout will not only get you losing weight but will help you build tons of muscle.
You’ll be giving your hips, thighs, glutes, and calves a killer workout but you must be careful with these workout as it can be dangerous.
With these five treadmill workouts, there’s no reason to get bored again. Spice things up and try one or two of these exercises each day.
Losing weight this year will be the default rather than the exception!