Carla S. - January 29, 2020
12 Easy Ways To Increase Your Water Intake
Water is crucial to your health.
Dehydration can cause:
- Energy Levels; have unexplained tiredness, it could be due to not enough lips to water.
- Constipation: not drinking enough can cause issues in the toilet...
- Acne and dry skin
- Weight gain; when we are tired and dehydrated we often go for food instead of water, and generally that food won't be the healthiest of choices.
Want to increase your water intake? Follow some of our simple ways.
1. Create a habit, for example; every time you walk into the kitchen you drink a glass of water or every time you go to the bathroom follow it up with a glass of water.
2. Eat Spicy Foods. Eating hot food will naturally cause you to go for the water glass. You don't need to eat super hot, but any increase in chili can help you drink more water.
3. Make your drink bottle your BFF! Take your drink bottle everywhere you go. You will naturally drink more if the water is right in front of you.
4. Eat water-dense foods like:
Eating cucumber can be like drinking 1-2 glasses of water (depending on the size)
5. Drink Herbal Teas: They can taste great and a great alternative to just water. Add a couple of herbal teas or make a big pot of tea and voila you are a quarter of the way through your daily water consumption. (You just want to make sure that there isn't too much caffeine.
6. Try different water: There is soda water, natural mineral water, flavoured mineral water, coconut water or almond water. These can contain higher sodium (or sugar), however, add a glass every now and then and it is a nice change to the ole plain water.
7. Put reoccurring reminders in your smartphone to remind you at certain times a day to go drink a glass of water. Sometimes a simple reminder is all you need to get up and have a drink.
8. Add a dash of juice or natural cordial to your water, sometimes you need a little sweetness and even though there is sugar, the positives from increasing your water intake will outweigh the little bit of sugar.
9. Often we think we are hungry when we are in fact dehydrated. So we suggest drinking a big glass of water when you are feeling hungry and wait 20 minutes to see if the hunger goes away. Drinking water can help you lose weight, as you have more energy and you eat less as you are hydrated.
10. Eat a broth soup, make your own or buy a natural broth. This is a great way to increase water, and its yummy.
11. Add fruit or herbs to your water for extra flavour. This will enhance your water and is simple, easy and effective.
12. Drink warm water with lemon and honey, this is a great way to bookend your day. Warm water when you wake and before you go to bed is great for your body. This can aid digestion at night and also help wake you up in the morning.